About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC
I am a second year teacher originally from Augusta, GA. I just got married in July and my husband and I LOVE Greenville. This blog is to provide connections between my students and their parents.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Small Things

I have to post something inspiring today.  I would go through all the stressful and frustrating moments just to have one of these moments over and over again...


I have a child that is a struggle at the least.  I feel like I am always worrying about behavior with him and not academics because he cannot even sit in his seat long enough to write one word nonetheless a paragraph.  But today, we had a moment.  Yesterday, I taught some vocabulary words, and then we read a story that had those words in them.  One of the words was gleam.  This was a very complicated word for my students to grasp, and we spent a while discussing it until I felt like they understood the word.  Today, the student that is continuously a struggle and behavior problem was cleaning my white board for me for community service.  He comes running up to me and says, "Ms. Sox, Ms. Sox!!! There is a GLEAM on the white board from the sun!"  I responded with the most high pitched, excited voice, "YES THERE IS!!!!"  I couldn't get the smile off my face.  


This seems so small and trivial, but you would be surprised how much of an impact these moments have on my morale and passion to continue to be a teacher.  


Ms. Sox

1 comment: